Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

While the music of Two Steps from Hell - Victory.. plays.... a scene in the very, very beginning of "The Mighty Avengers 2", directed by Lars von Trier and Roger Donaldson...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKRUPYrAQoE


The Wasp (Kate Moss) is in the Avengers mansion.. in the white-walled main headquarters...

Loki (Ralph Fiennes) walks in..

Wasp (Kate Moss):..".. Oh- Loki!.. sorry.. didn't see you come in..."

Loki (Ralph Fiennes):..".. I'm sorry, Wasp.. I should knock first before entering a room in the Avengers mansion.."

Wasp (Kate Moss):..".. oh.. no.. Loki.. you have the run of the place.. me casa you casa.. wait.. you might want to look at some of these future battlefield-schematics.. it's like something out of Montgomery.. arrghh… I feel so stupid reading that very, very straightforward biography of Montgomery by Ronald Lewin.. I think you've memorized every single word in that book.. Loki.. heh.."

Loki (Ralph Fiennes):..".. that's nice of you to say.. Wasp.. that book meant so much to me in our previous entanglements.. I did get the impression that their was mutual respect between Rommel and Montgomery from that book.. ahh.. but it goes beyond respect to my from our very first meeting my having a deep, deep affection for you, Wasp.. ahh.. from our very first meeting.."

Hawkeye (Casey Affleck) walks in..

Hawkeye (Casey Affleck):..".. ahh.. did I hear someone mention my old friend Montgomery.. I'm reading Winston Churchill's "The Gathering Storm" right now.. and I'm steadying myself for the political-military intricacies of Churchill's future volumes of the history of World War II... it was Jarvis (Ben Kingsley)… who told me.. the whole future history of the Avengers is in these volumes by Churchill.. and after Churchil.. Carl Sandburg's book on Abraham Lincoln and the American Civil War.. but that comes later.. oy... I started reading that book and.. OY.. I've got some heavy, heavy, HEAVY reading ahead of me in the future.."..

No comments:

Post a Comment