Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

Alexis Luthor is Michael Rosenbaum in "Superman; man of tomorrow; chapter one", directed by Steven Spielber and Sophia Copolla.. Sophia Copolla of her movie.. "The Virgin Suicides".. The Virgin Suicides...

Alexis Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum):..".. See.. Clark.. their I go.. I said.. "see".. Clark.. sorry.. I don't go and say .. "See".. to a man of your stature and .. and your prospect.. Clark.."..

Clark Kent (Brandon Routh):..".. ahh.. c'mon .. Lex.."..

Alexis Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum):..".. I just.. thanks.. Clark.. I .. I have an excrutiating sense of etiquette when it comes to... to talking with you.. Clark.. every inflection .. every intonation of what I say when I talk with you .. Clark.. has to be exactly right.."

Clark Kent (Brandon Routh):.. ".. I appreciate that .. Lex.. I really do.. I think you'll teach me so much about .. what was that...?.. sorry.. see.. heh.. I'm learning from you.. Lex.. I said.. sorry.. just now.. it's .. that term you coined..  "Jamesian etiquette".. the etiquette.... the natural etiquette of characters in Henry James's novels.."

Alexis Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum):.. ".. exactly.. Clark.. exactly right you have it.. you know which character you remind me of.. Clark.. "Chad"... in Henry James's "The Ambassadors".. when the venerable elder-man .. Strether .. meets Chad.. he can't believe how unexpectedly mature and worldly and sophisticated in a sad-worldly wisdom Chad actually is.. aww.. ah, no .. Clark.. I remember .. now.. Strether is bestially rude to Chad when he first meets him.."

Clark Kent (Brandon Routh):..".. ahh.. that's okay.. Lex.. I think you mentioned it to me about a year ago.. I started reading the book actually.. Strether says something like about how he knew Chad way back when Chad Clark Kent was in .. knickerbockers... heh.. sorry.. Lex.. Knickerbockers.. that's wrong.. that's so right for Clark.. and so WRONG for Chad.. who is such a mature man of grey-tinged sophistication and sad wisdom as you said it.. Lex.. I want to be the mature man Chad when I do become that interesting.. phenomenon.. known as.. a man.. Lex.. when I stop being a naïve teenage farmhand helping or not-so .. heh.. helping out so much on my father's farm.. but my father doesn't mind.. he actually loves all the autodidactic studying I do instead of helping out on the farm.. he also said .. Pa Kent said that Martin Luther said that Academic work.. Academic studying at a desk or table in one's study was far, far, far more difficult work than the work of a manual labourer.. my father loves those quotes by Martin Luther.. hey.. wait.. Lex.. Luther is your name.."

Alexis Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum):.. ".. exactly .. Clark... Luther is my name... with.. sorry... Clark.. in my case actually as it turns out my last name Luthor is spelled with an "o".. and Martin Luther's last name is spelled with an "e".."

Clark Kent (Brandon Routh):..".. ahh.. fascinating distinction.. Lex.. just.. fascinating.. truly..."..


.. scene in Smallville between teenage friends Clark Kent and Alexis Luthor written by Hanno Jason Leigh aka Hanno Ridal Raudsepp.. with hopeful, grateful permission from Jennifer Jason Leigh to use her last name in my screenwriters and actor's official name...

No comments:

Post a Comment