Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

"Batman; Dream of eale", directed by Joel Schumacher and Tim Burton.. with music by Danny Elfman and Elliot Goldenthall...


Poison ivy pamela Isley (Winona Ryder) is sitting lonely on pillows in her bed .. lonely, stale pillows.. she is looking at the wall.. which is like a mist before her.. like a mist of white sand... textures of air and wall join together..
She goes out into the street. The dark pavement. The tenement metal staircases. She takes a long walk into an alley.. Two men are there.. one, a black man, in a brown trenchcoat.. the other in a Bat costume

Harvey Dent 1 (Billy Dee Williams): The night is missing the moon.

Batman (Michael Keaton): Does it leave an empty space?

Harvey Dent 1 (Billy Dee Williams): The empty space is crime.

Batman (Michael Keaton): Crime is where I come in.

Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams): It is a bit of a fetish with you, isn't it.

Batman (Michael Keaton): I wear a hood. To remind people of my nature.

Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams): I spend a lot of time on the street. The word is .. he's coming back..

Batman (Michael Keaton): - pause – He is..

Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams): In one shape or form. Maybe as many different people. He is a prism. And the others will be rainbow colours irradiating from the prism.

Batman (Michael Keaton): - they will ask if I started this

Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams): I'll be the watch on the questions.

Batman (Michael Keaton): Who's coming next, then.

Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams): Perhaps... a shadow of the first.. we are the ghost men.. we are the hollow men.. we are the men of straw.



Ext. A mansion. Multitudes of rich cars are outside, indicating a busy multitude of people inside. There is a press conferance taking place inside.

A man (Alan Rickman), like Ichabod Crane, from the back, wearing a tall, straw-looking hat appears, and a long, weathered trenchcoat. He whistles as he walks towad the mansion.

Int. Inside the mansion. Reporters are busily asking questions from Commisioner Gordon, Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne.

Reporter 1 – So, the city is still in a state of panic after the Joker havoc. How do you account for the ineptitude of the city officials in halting his mad rampage.

Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams): I make no excuse. Ineptitude is a legitimate understatement. All I can say is, multi-echeloned contingency plans are in progress in case of a repeat occurence.

Reporter 2 – A REPEAT occurence.

Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams): We have to prepare for the worst, assume the city is in a constant state of seige.

Reporter 1 – By what agencies.

Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams): By the Furies which have been unleashed. There was something like the fury of the Gods in the Joker's reign of terror.

Reporter 1 – So you're thinking of copycat occurences.

Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams): I don't think copycat is the word. The Joker considered himself an artist, and Gotham his painting. I think he planted seeds, unknown seeds in Gotham, which will be revealed five, ten, maybe thirty years in time.

Reporter 2 – What about Batman's culpability.

Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton) – concerned -: Culpability?

Reporter 2: Batman arrived before the Joker. Wasn't he the first domino?

Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton): Batman narrowly pre-empted the Joker. How many people would be.. gone.. if Batman hadn't stopped him.

Reporter 2 – But where did the Joker suddenly appear from – like a Jack in the Box.

Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton)– deeply troubled - : If Batman was the beginning, then we are in a lot of trouble.

Ext. Of the main room. Underneath the outside doorways, gas, many-coloured gas is seeping in. Serpentine swirlings of coloured gas. Shots of various minutea of entranceways from the ground, from the ceilings, from walls, with an octupus of seeping gass coming, like finger-tendrils, like a spider's web into the mansion... it happens slowly, at an aching pace, to ominous, crawling music...

Int. The main room. There is no coloured gas. But the air, the transparent air, seems to have thickened somehow, become soupy... People start fidgeting, talking quicker, rapidly, as if trying to outrace their thoughts.. the hall conversation slowly reaches a crescendo of rapid discussion, of words like positrons and leptons and quarks colliding against each other.. Then a woman cries out..

Woman: AUHHGH. .. Oh, GOD Stop IT SOTOP IT ..


People yell out in terror... Various colours, indistinct, ameoba like dream shapes coalesce above the crowd... Bruce Wayne, whose mind is already supped full with horrors... departs.. he goes into the hallway.. he finds a compartment in the wall. He opens it with a magnetic key. The Batman costume unlocks itself.

A moment later, Batman (Michael Keaton) is swinging above the hall..







Pamela Isley (Winona Ryder): .."... the nightingale of my soul is a dancing wedding of my soul made twain and a simple nonsense fluff soul I have.."

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): ..".. you always speak so much.. Pamela.. like you have read every Wallace Stevens poem ever written.. in a brilliant anthology of his poems.."

Harvey Dent (Tommy Lee Jones): ..".. like you memorized them.. quaintly.."

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): ..".. memorized..?... ait.. wait. Harvey.. memorizing poetry is HARd... I never got the knack of it.."

Harvey Dent (Tommy Lee Jones): ..".. yeah.. sorry Bruce.. Pamela.. Isley.. Ivy law.. Ivy law.. sorry about saying Ivy Law. I mean.. it's actually Poison ivy law that I'm taking at Oxford.. wait.. heheh.. not even sure if they teach law at Oxford.. it's the official literary intelligentsia university of the world.. Oxford is.. it's where people go to study literature intensively.. with apocalyptic fever of soul and passion.. as if you would make of the scholarly study of literature a benign pathology.. that's Oxford.. so I may have added a course to the Oxford curriculum.. hey I might be a teacher their.. Ivy League Law.. sorry.. Ivy Law.. just.. heorh.. just Ivy Law.. and it's like .. wait.. sorry.. did you want to say something .. Pamela.."

Pamela Isley (Winona Ryder): ..".. I.. wait.. like I eat the air a nice piece of fluff promise-crammed.."

Harvey Dent (Tommy Lee Jones): ".. yeah.. promises are the law.. and promises are the quintessence of - wait.. sorry .. Pamela .. what?.. what was that you said.. Horatio..?.. Pamela.. or I do forget myself.. I'll change that name Harvey to Two-Face with you Pamela or I do forget myself.. what brings you away from business Bruce.. ahh.. a truant disposition.. ahh.. I would not hear the Riddler say so nor shall you make my ear the beneficiary the truster of your own report against yourself.. Bruce.. I know you are no truant from business.."

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): ..".. but.. sorry.. for saying but.. was that polite.. ?.. I .. but .. sorry.. I set up truant subsidiary departments at Thomas Wayne corp.. and these subsidiary departments merge with .. "

Pamela isley (Winona Ryder): ..".. Starlabs.."

Bruce Wayne (Val  Kilmar): ..".. Pamela.. congratulations.. how did you know.. my corporate sub-departments do .. wiat.. sub.. sub. .sub means inferior.. their.. delegated.. wiat... no.. their like compartments.. ahh.. like departments of State Cabinet.. which do mergers with Starlabs.. just think of Starlabs as the United Nations Security Council of .. of.. of.. of.. Gotham City.. that doesn't sound too encouraging.."

Harvey Dent (Tommy Lee Jones): ...".. I hear Ms. Gunther is nominal head of Starlabs.. and her daughter.. they're the official mother-daughter team who head Starlabs.. in Gotham anyway.. Starlabs is international.. The Gunthers actually.. the daughter.. she mayyy.. she may be adopted.. but considers her mother biological .. her organic mother..  a heady food vegetarian diet motivates them both.. they eat Chinese food.. but something happened.. I went to Manchu Wok.. and they had lo mein.. chow mein.. love... love love their lo mein. the noodles are like eating bubble-gum textured softest rubber brown rice seasoned noodles.. lo mein noodles are literally the taste of the colour brown.. but Chow mein.. everyone eats chow mein.. like hot salad not either sweet or sour.. the egg roles you can eat with sweet and sour sauce.. but the poor, poor Gunthers.. not a single one of the Chinese foods I mentioned I THINK.. is available to them.. all the Chinese food the Gunthers have available to them is rice.. and that becomes like eating confetti.. if it's the ONLY Chinese food you eat.."

Pamela Isley (Winona Ryder): ..".. but.. but the poison ivy network is supposed to stop that.."

Harvey Dent (Tommy Lee Jones):..".. I worry about the Gunthers.. Starlabs.. SHOULD .. get into herbal foods.. herbal goods.. herbal foods... at least herbal seasoning spices.. that would be all you'd need to make Chinese brown rice tasty.. wait.. brown rice.. you know... sorry.. is still brown rice. "





Pamela Isley: ..".. the nightinting nightingale of my soul is the dawn of no peak in my belly an archipelago abdomen I have... I... I have to talk to Batman.. to get him to sign a legal contract.. imen.. it's an autograph.. I want Batman to sign me an autograph.."

Harvey Dent: ..".. Pamela.. i'll introduce you to Batman.. it's just.. he's left messages for me and hasn't returned my calls.. I'm very unreliable with appointments and he knows that.. so he doesn't return my calls .. wait.. that's kind of a silly premise.. Pamela.. Batman's a busy man.. he responds to emergency situations.. he CAN'T meet an appointment with me if I'm not SURE to show up... "

Pamela Isley: .."... But Batman.. I don't want to steal his time for an autograph.."

Harvey Dent: .."... but Pamela.. you'll get Batman's signature.. and he may sign it with his secret identity.. as a personal coded message to you.. Pamela.. I'm sure he will.. I'm sure he will.. it's a legal contract with you .. his autograph.. and you're WORTH a legal contract with the Batman.. Pamela.."

Pamela Isley: ..".. sorry.. sorry.. Harvey.. is it "Batman" or.. "The Batman"..

Harvey Dent: ..".. I think he's Batman on his way to becoming The Batman.. But I think in the 1930's their actually was a "The Batman" who later became just.. Batman.. he was the Batman of the early part of the twentieth century.. known as the Golden Age of Chicago.. all other Batmen have belonged to the later half of the twentieth century, the Silver Ages of New York and the Bronze Ages of California.. "

Pamela Isley:  ...".. but Harvey.. it must be so exciting to think you're going to meet Batman.. SOMEday..."

Harvey Dent:  ..'..  if it was just ME.. that day would probably.. heh... never arrive.. but if it's so Batman can meet YOU... that day will come definitely someday.."

Pamela Isley: ..".. and we can finish our contract..."

Harvey Dent: ..".. you know.. Pamela.. we've known each other for six months..  no.. sorry.. eight months now... eight months.. and we hit if off splendidly.. we became fast friends.. and it's like we do Breakfast at Champions.. wait.. I fergid what that means.. "

Bruce Wayne: .. - shows up - ..".. Harvey .. wait.. hi.. have we met.. Pam.. Pam Ivy.."

Pamela Isley freezes..

Bruce Wayne: .. sorry.. i'm a jerk.. I got ivy in the mayfair ..

Pamela Isley's eyes well up with tears..

Harvey Dent: ..".. Her handle's .. Pamela Isley's handle is Poison ivy .. Bruce... I'm promoting the Poison ivy Vegetarian agenda among my legal colleagues.. guess what.. Bruce.. their is such a thing as Vegetarian Shish-ka-bob.."

Bruce Wayne: ..Oh..

Pamela Isley: ..". and.. and.. and.. vegetarian ground beef is DIGESTIBLE.. actual ACTUAL meat is so so heavy in the stomach like wet cement in the stomach real actual meat ground beef is.. vegetarian soy product ground beef.. a hundred percent fake meat.. I mean vegetarian soy product vegetarian ground beef is so light, so innocuous... that it energizes you with life.. and doesn't weigh you down at all.. I eat Chick n' Veggie Burgers.. with are spicy and don't taste like Chicken at ALL.. the pure vegan Veggie Burgers taste too much like they are actually made of sprouts and asparagus.."

Harvey Dent: ..".. call me crazy but I want to try the pure vegan veggie burger.."

Bruce Wayne: ..".. Pamela.. Pam.. I didn't have to write any of that down .. the way you said it.. it all sticks in my memory.. you explained it so deftly and clearly.. congratulations Pam Ivy.. ahh.. damn.."

Pamela Isley's eyes well up with tears again and she starts making a soft, loud wailing sound..

Harvey Dent: ..".. the Poison ivy vegetarian diet is what Pamela Isley so adroitly and elegantly and concisely just related to you Bruce.. and it's just the first step into getting a real, solid foothold into turning Gotham city 100% vegetarian.. no one can eat meat anymore anyway without feeling sick and heavy afterward.. except pork.. PAMELA.. sorry.. sorry.. pork is fake meat.. mystery meat... I'm convinced of it.. sorry.."

Pamela Isley: ..".. wait.. Harvey I do eat that but I really, really eat it hoping it IS mystery meat.."

Bruce Wayne:..".. hey.. i'll investigate.. I want to get into the business of producing mystery meat and getting infiltrating as much of healthy mystery meat into the meat industry as possible.. "

Pamela Isley: ..".. HAY.. Harvey.. after we've gotten the Poison ivy network underway.. how about making me the poster-girl for the Jill the Ripper network.."

Harvey Dent: ..".. How's Batman doing with that investigation anyway.."

Bruce Wayne:  ..".. Batman is working on the German serial killer case.. "The Woman without a Face" .. right now.. the woman who is only known by her DNA.. no other trace but that..."

Harvey Dent: ..".. yeah... DNA.. yeah.. i'm sure ol' Jill won't mind if it's Batman looking at her DNA... somethin' about bein' blind as a bat.."

Bruce Wayne: .."..  here's the thing.. here's what Batman told me.. he finds DNA analysis invasive practice .. so .. he said whenever he finds "The Woman without a face"'s or ol' Jill the Ripper's Australian DNA.. "

Pamela Isley: .. BULLSHIT!!.. BULLSHIT!!.. all any asshat on the internet has to say is.. blah blah blah.. their's like.. no validity to the Australian scientists research .. it just Doesn't MATTER... any foolish person can write a.. a.. a .. downgrading of valid DNA research by an esteemable Australian scientist into.. sorry.. remnants of Jill the Ripper's DNA.."

Harvey Dent looks uncomfortable..

Bruce Wayne: ..".. Pam... you're right.. before ANYONE puts a refutation of scientific research on a media studies internet webpage.. they really should read Marshall McCluhan first.. or at least Alvin Toffler.. instead of.. as is evident of the educational level of the media "studies" webpage I read on Jill the Ripper.. which I read.. the author of this webpage has read neither writer.."

Pamela Isley: ..".. Pam.. Bruce.. Harvey.. sorry.. it's just.. I kind of thought I could become Jill the Ripper for the new milleneum someday.."

Harvey Dent: .. ".. never give up on your dreams, Pam.."

Bruce Wayne: ..".. oh wait.. see... Batman.. sorry.. Batman splices his own DNA .. from clipping his fingernails or cutting his hair... DNA from hair or fingernails.. his own.. he uses genetic engineering that he learned from Braniac 13 technology which is interlaced with his Batcave computer.. see he's got the whole code to his own DNA on his Batcave computer.. and he's got a computer-coded translation of Finnegans Wake by James Joyce on his computer.. and then finally .. he's got o'l poor Ol Jill the Ripper's and the Woman without a Face's DNA on his computer as pure digital .. and analog.. RNA analog .. information on his computer in the Batcave.. and then.. he uses fractal science from his book by Tamas Vicsek to overlay then all together like pleated sheets .. so he can create a Double Helix.. and form the DNA of a very special Jill the Ripper of his own.. he told me all this.. he does this .. in the name of privacy.. and not doing anything with anyone else's DNA that he wouldn't do with his own... anyway.. I'm off.. nice talking to you both.. - Bruce leaves..

Pamela Isley: ..".. I liked how he called me Pam.. I really.. did.."

Harvey Dent: . ".. so did I.."
















Poison Ivy (Winona Ryder): There is power in the air, my sensuous power of my nudity, in the face of Armageddon. You have never known me without knowing my naked body. My dream my nude body, my dream of eale my nude form, my mud nude form. I am nude power, pure nude power. I breathe my nude body. I breath in all the perfumes which reek from it. All the cunvy orange peel perfumes which emanate from my nude body. From its pores. I am death amid the flowers. My nude body is death amid the violets. My heart breathes death. My heart breathes the death which it emanates. Like an open wound which bleeds heaven. My heart bleeds heaven from the gash which it has made of itself. A gash just by virtue of its breathing. My breathing gash of heart.

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): I've never... never.. never met a woman like you.

Poison Ivy (Winona Ryder): - crying – I .. I am no woman like.. myself.. I am Cainwoman.. I am Abelwoman.. I am my own sacrifice.. I am the sacrifice I make to God of myself.. the betternudewoman of the two is which God prefers.. which the one of my two nude breasts which God prefers.. a golden lasso made up of golden stars, of golden sparks of champaigne, encircles my nude breasts.. I am nude before the eye of God. I am nude before the eye of man. I am nude before you, Bruce.. I ... I ... love you... - she breathes softly toward him -

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): .. I just... I just.. need.. a friend..

Poison Ivy (Winona Ryder): - crying - I am your friend.. Bruce.. lovely Bruce.. I am your friend... forever...

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): .. forever.. forever.. forever a day.. a day a coin... a coin my soul.. .. .. .. Two – Fa- ... Harvey... where is Harvey...

Poison Ivy (Winona Ryder): - shyly – Harvey? ... I know Harvey... he is the coinage of my soul.. is Harvey.. I know many coins to fall like autumn leaves in autumn.. coins falling in their decay.. decaying into the antique... an antique autumn coin...

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): ... autumn coins... coins of decay... I hope Harvey's okay... wait.. no.. no.. he's not.. he's .. he's ... Two-face... what .. what am I thinking?...

Poison Ivy (Winona Ryder): He's Harvey.. He'll always be... Harvey.. to you.. it will never change... He will never change.. from Harvey..

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): .. no.. I know.. . he never did.. but then... why ... did .. he change..

Poison Ivy (Winona Ryder): ... - crying almost painfully - questions, ... too many questions?... a question my nude body.. my nude body is the contour of a question mark..

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): - becoming alert - Wait. Wait... maybe the Riddler.. knows the answer... to Harvey..

Poison Ivy (Winona Ryder): The Riddler riddles my soul.. The Riddler riddles my nude body.. with questions.. all his many, many questions..

Bruce Wayne (Val Kilmar): The Riddler. I've never met.. I've never met him. No. Wait.... I have. I have. But.. but we were both different men. OH NO! I left him. I abandoned him.. in an institution. - suddenly gestures to run off – I've got to find him! I can't hesitate! I never- NEVER hesitate! I never NEVER leave a man in an institution. That's where they want to put me someday.

Poison Ivy (Winona Ryder): - crying – that will never, never happen...

A voice, a familiar voice: X is for Xanadu! Ah- ha.

Poison Ivy and Bruce Wayne: What?
















Jim Carrey Riddler: Yes dream machines indeed funtistic. Gripos is all media. Volcano media! I am a Superman! Somebody stop mme! I have improved upon Bell labs. Somebody stop[me. PLATO! Blotto! Bluto! Brutus! Yikes! Yoiks! The lower half of the hourglass.. the b integral.. u'duh .. vidion albion.. I think... Computer-lib Computers are people too! I want a Superman cape!


We live in media as fish live in water X in Xanada.. X in Xanadau Xin Xanadu.. Any nitwit can understand computers, and many do. Mickey Mouses dirty looks. The Englebar's data hierarchey. I am not a skillful programmer computer programmer.. I am just acomputer fan, volcano hourglass is a computer. Time reversal momentum lavaflow. This is why I 'w 'm anso onso irritated by thos ewho think “”: “:electronic medi” a” are all alike .. ALIKE.. all are's ALIKE. Doctors for example are being told that they no longer own people's bodies.. NOT! I am a Superman!.. nucleur agriculture..Two – face believed in the value of a penny. But they got rid of the penny. Aaauurrgh! Two-face would not survive this. His already fragile psyche would be shattered... into coin anarchy.. coinage chaos.. Something had to be done. Two-face would return. He would study a book on Canadian economics. Naked Lois Lane was entering her dreams. Lex was entering her into her dreams.. quantum coin dreams.. naked Lois Lane wwwins a derby... color-coded gambling slot naked lois lane.. color coded and number- coded dreams.. Bbbbbring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment