Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Daniel Day Lewis is Kraven the Hunter in "Spider-man 4", directed by Sam Raimi....

Kraven the Hunter (Daniel Day Lewis) :.."... I'm Kraven the Hunter by name and soul.. and I think .. I contemplate about.. how .. one bad day.. can ruin your life.. and how your past life.. all the fruitful wealth and orchards of experience and wisdom of all your previous life before.. that bad day.. how all that.. becomes.. an empty abyss.. and empty hole in your soul.. because it was all followed by.. one bad day.. one.. horrible... day.. and how.. your life .. had to happen.. BEGIN.. after that.. horrible day.. not before .. not before.. after.. after..."

Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) :..".. I've always felt.. myself.. Kraven.. that I am an adroit expert at.. pretending to be sad.. rather mopey, actually.. and I'm rather happy in the same sense that Henry Miller in the middle of squalor was also a happy man.. and that I do this smile.. my happy-sad clown smile of an unhappy man.. and that's me as unhappy.. and actually.. I'm not.. I'm really not.. I'm feeling.. rather .. pleasant.. that's why.. I'm smiling.."

Kraven the Hunter (Daniel Day Lewis) : ..".. ahh.. I feel I could listen to you talk for hours, Peter.. I think the Russian soul, as unacquainted as I am personally with the Russian soul, Russian tho I myself am.. that .. i intuit blankly that the Russian soul is accustomed to much the familiarity of long waiting.. and their is much that is agricultural and the waiting silence desolation of the agricultural Russian soul.. and Russian waiting is agriculture.. and Russian agriculture is waiting.. and all of this is the soul and substance of Anton Checkov's plays.. "

Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire):..."... I can't believe how many people in Checkov's plays I myself want to play on the stage.."

Kraven the Hunter (Daniel Day Lewis) :.. ".. along together with your Russian lover, Mary Jane-Watson..?.."

Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) :.. ".. ahh... yes.. Kraven.. someday .. someday..."

scene in "Spider-man 4", directed by Sam Raimi.. written by Hanno Jason Leigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment