Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

... the biography of Diamond Lil (Kristen Wiig) of Omega Flight... the biography of Kristen Wiig... on imdb... on international movie database... but-... Kristen Wiig played the Cheetah aka Barbara Ann Minerva (Kristen Wiig)... in the movie 'Wonder Woman: 1984", directed by Patty Jenkins... and this movie is not mentioned yet in this entry of Kristen Wiig's biography on-... on imdb... aka international movie database.... is this an older biographical entry about Kristen Wiig on imdb... much older..... $3.. stochastic disturbance terms.. paul dini / joe benitez poison ivy pamela isley kate moss megan d. iseult hyacinth ryder.. stochastic disturbance terms.. $3..

Kristen Wiig Poster Kristen Wiig Biography Showing all 86 items Jump to: Overview (3) | Mini Bio (1) | Family (3) | Trade Mark (2) | Trivia (17) | Personal Quotes (60) Overview (3) Born August 22, 1973 in Canandaigua, New York, USA Birth Name Kristen Carroll Wiig Height 5' 5" (1.65 m) Mini Bio (1) Kristen Carroll Wiig was born on August 22, 1973 in Canandaigua, New York, to Laurie J. (Johnston), an artist, and Jon J. Wiig, a lake marina manager. She is of Norwegian (from her paternal grandfather), Irish, English, and Scottish descent. The family moved to Lancaster, Pennsylvania, before settling in Rochester, New York. When Wiig was 9 years old, her parents divorced and she lived with her mother and older brother Erik. After graduating from Brighton High School in Rochester, Wiig attended the University of Arizona as an art student. She took her first acting class, as an elective, and was soon encouraged by her teacher to pursue acting. Years later, she moved to Los Angeles and Wiig worked as a main company member of the Los Angeles-based improv and sketch-comedy troupe The Groundlings. As a Groundlings alumna, she joins the ranks of such SNL cast mates as Maya Rudolph, Will Ferrell, Phil Hartman, and Jon Lovitz. Wiig made her big-screen debut to universal high praise as Katherine Heigl's passive-aggressive boss in Judd Apatow's smash-hit comedy Knocked Up (2007). Additional film credits include Drew Barrymore's directorial debut, Whip It (2009), starring Elliot Page; Greg Mottola's Adventureland (2009), with Ryan Reynolds, Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg; David Koepp's Ghost Town (2008), with Ricky Gervais; and Jake Kasdan's Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007), another Apatow-produced film, in which she starred opposite John C. Reilly. She has also guest-starred on the Emmy-winning NBC series 30 Rock (2006), the HBO series Bored to Death (2009), with Jason Schwartzman, and Flight of the Conchords (2007). Wiig joined the cast of Saturday Night Live (1975) in 2005, and was known for playing such memorable characters as the excitable Target clerk, Lawrence Welk singer Doonese, the hilarious one-upper Penelope, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Suze Orman, among others. Wiig earned four Emmy nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her work on the show. She left the show in the spring of 2012. In 2011, Wiig co-wrote and starred in Bridesmaids (2011), along with Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, and Rose Byrne. The film was a box office hit and won several awards, plus earned two Oscar nominations (Best Supporting Actress and Best Original Screenplay), and two Golden Globes nominations (Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical and Best Actress). Wiig also appeared in such notable films as Greg Mottola's Paul (2011), opposite Simon Pegg and Nick Frost; Andrew Jarecki's All Good Things (2010), opposite Ryan Gosling, Kirsten Dunst and Frank Langella; DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon (2010), with Gerard Butler and Jay Baruchel; the Universal Pictures' animated feature film Despicable Me (2010), starring Steve Carell and Jason Segel; and Jennifer Westfeldt's Friends with Kids (2011), opposite Jon Hamm, Megan Fox, Adam Scott, Maya Rudolph and Westfeldt. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous Family (3) Spouse Avi Rothman (2020 - present) (2 children) Hayes Hargrove (2005 - 2009) (divorced) Parents Wiig, Jon J. Johnston, Laurie J. Relatives Wiig, Erik (sibling) Trade Mark (2) Stop-start style of speaking Neurotic characters Trivia (17) In April 2009, Wiig was featured in Entertainment Weekly's list of the 25 Funniest Women in Hollywood. In December 2008, Wiig was featured in Entertainment Weekly's list of 15 Great Performances for her various impersonations on Saturday Night Live (1975). One of Wiig's most famous Saturday Night Live (1975) characters is "Penelope", a serial one-upper and exaggerator. In the 2008-2009 Saturday Night Live (1975) series, Wiig appeared in more sketches than any other member of the cast. Is close friends with Paul (2011) co-stars, British comedy actors and directors Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost. Was sent to the hospital after being injured during the filming of The Joe Schmo Show (2003). Was studying for a degree in art at the University of Arizona before turning to acting. Once waited tables in the executive dining room of Universal Studios. Her father ran a lake marina in western New York. One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World. [2012] Alumna of the Groundlings Theatre in Los Angeles. She is of Norwegian and Irish ancestry on her father's side, and of English and Scottish ancestry on her mother's side. Her surname, "Wiig", is Norwegian. Nicknamed "The Brown Cow" by friends for her love of chocolate. She is the first actress to perform as Wonder Woman's foe, Cheetah. Her best known animated role is Lola (Bug Bunny's significant other) on The Looney Tunes Show (2011). Announced her engagement to actor Avi Rothman after 3 years of dating on August 16, 2019. In January 2020 she and fiance Avi Rothman became parents of twins via surrogate. Personal Quotes (60) It's a mystery to me what makes people laugh. I love the rain. It's my favorite weather. At parties, I'll start talking and notice everyone is looking at me and feel dumb and say, 'Forget it,' and then start eating things. If you're creating anything at all, it's really dangerous to care about what people think. I can relate to having those people in your life that you feel are moving on to this great, big, normal life and you're like, 'What's wrong with me?' I enjoy being characters rather than myself. I don't rehearse a lot. I try to keep it organic. Even in movies, the less I rehearse, the better I am. I don't know if you can articulate an instinct. I don't always just want to do the same thing. I do sort of gravitate towards smaller, indie-type movies. I definitely ran with a pack of hoodlums, that's for sure. I am shyer than most people think. I always say I want to look haunted. For movies to get greenlit solely based on the success of other movies that have a lot of women in them? It's so ridiculous to me. Even in this day and age, if you're not married, there are people who are like, 'Awww! Don't worry, it'll happen for you someday.' Sometimes I need to blow off steam and go dance really hard. I wish I had a lot of tattoos. I don't know about the romantic comedy route, although never say never. With improv, it's a combination of listening and not trying to be funny. When you go out of your comfort zone and it works there's nothing more satisfying. I wish I had less fear about creating my own parts. I wasn't rich. I think it's an interesting thing to watch when a person is trying to keep it together and then ultimately when they do lose it a little bit. I really, really want to go to Paris. I've never been. I never think if I do an impression of someone, I'm never making fun of them. I lived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, until eighth grade, and then my high-school years were in Rochester, New York. I just want to try and be in projects that are exciting to me. I just like to walk around New York, just put my iPod on and walk around. I hated speaking in public. I would miss school just so I wouldn't have to do it. I feel like women are asked their age more than men. There's something about a Christmas sweater that will always make me laugh. The weddings that I've been in have been pretty mellow. The public doesn't want to hear people complaining about having their picture taken. People are always so surprised when I want to do dramatic stuff. My friends back home are very supportive. Mean comedy is not really something that I personally gravitate towards or something that I do. Maybe studios don't want to see women acting in a way that isn't womanly. Maybe people don't. It's not like I have boxes of scripts arriving at my door. It's fun for me to play people that are just kind of odd. If I can be doing something in the arts till the day I die. I would be very, very happy. I'm not as much a history person as an art person, but I mean, you can read history through art. I'm a vegetarian; I eat a lot of tofu and soy. I'd make a terrible surgeon. The fear of blood? Very high on my list. I would rather have a small part in a really great movie than a big one in one that I'm not too psyched about. I would never wear fur. There are so many funny women in the world, and there has been for so many years, so I'll be happy when people can just move on from that, and things can just be 'comedies' and not 'female' or 'male,' and everyone gets an equal opportunity. The good thing about 'SNL' is that it's the same people every week that you're working with, and we've all become so close and tight because we've worked together so long and so closely together. People sometimes get a little extra criticism when they try something that they don't normally do, but I think that's just a natural thing for artists. It's like, 'Okay, I did that, and now I want to try this.' People always call me a comedian. And I don't really see myself like that. I guess I just consider myself an actor who does comedy. But who wants to do other things as well. It sounds so cheesy, but there's something very powerful about looking in the mirror and asking yourself a question. Because I think it's really hard to lie. I think people like to see the lives of artists that are legends. They always go through the dark periods and I think just as humans we like to see that and them coming out of it. I love those kinds of movies. I roller skated when I was younger, but when you're on a track that's slanted and you're with other people all skating in a pack, it's a whole different sport. I probably lived more of a rock-star life when I was 15. I got in trouble a fair amount. I cared more about hanging out and skipping school than studying. I like to write and draw and paint, and my mom's an artist, so I think I get caught up in thinking, 'I'm afraid it's gonna be bad,' and it's hard for me to start sometimes. I know from my own experience and from other people in the business that when you come from a place where nobody knew who you were and then there is this sudden shift to where everybody now knows who you are, there's an adjustment that you have to make. I just always gravitate toward the kind of characters or people that maybe you don't want to talk to for a long time at a party, but you do like to watch what they're doing. A big part of being in a wedding is the financial obligation, and that's something that people don't really talk about, but if you're asked to be in a wedding, you're gonna have to fork over some cash. You have to leave things that you love. Why can't there be a lot of great women who are doing great things? When you're on your deathbed, you probably aren't counting the movies you've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment