Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2020

.. "gc8" 's.. review of Adventure Comics #271... from the website.. comicvine... "gc8" didn't understand the issue....

gc8's Adventure Comics #271 review


Avatar image for gc8
  • Score:
  • gc8 wrote this review on .
  • 2 out of 2 Comic Vine users found it helpful.
  • gc8 has written a total of 1420 reviews. The last one was for

Luthor's Origin

This story gives us Luthor's origin, gives him his first name, Lex, and tells us how he and Superboy first met.
Al Plastino (uncredited) also provides some of the best art of his career here.
 
Sounds like a great issue, right? It's not. 
 
I remember first reading this story when I was a kid - I remember that I didn't 'buy' the reasons for Luthor and Superboy becoming enemies. It didn't wash for me even then, when I was a little boy, and it still doesn't wash now. The idea that they go from being best friends to bitterest enemies overnight just doesn't work.
 
If that's not enough, we get:
Incredible coincidences like a kryptonite meteor falling out of the sky and landing right next to Superboy.
Everyone acting irrationally.
Krypto
Krypto thinking "Phooie!"
etc. etc.
 
For fans only.
Going to have to watch Smallville to purge this Luthor origin from my mind.

0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment