Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015



                                                            Oeanea


     Oh, forgive me!  I believed Artemis’;s heart would within his flow, and whiten and sanctify all sin encroaching .  I hoped his sense of the scales of familial injustice would so gain mercy astride his horse’s gallop, not that injustice’s scales would be capsized by an avalanche of shadow passion within Hippolytus’s royal persona of shadow’s scales merit.  Oh, my words are all in chaos.  His passions is black, his royal person is a shadow who bears scales of injustice by his passions of night.


                                                            Phaedra


     You horrific womb of treachory, see what you have brought down upon my house!  May Zeus who brought me up from the blasts of time blast you to death with fire and grind you to dust!  Did I not attempt to ward of the dangers of public ignomony to pre-empt your indiscreet vales of speech toward Artemis’s purity fo r forgiveness of all sins, did I not forbid you to speak a word of it into Artemis’s wilderness of shadows, a single word of what now pulls me by chariots naked as death through the mire.  You spoke and your reason robs any hope of an honourable death.  Now- some new plan.  Hippolytus, casught in the tempests of his outrage, will carry your treacherous words to his father and indict me.  He will fill the landscape of the kingdom with tales of the derangement of family.  Curse you!  Curse all such friends in office who offer their beneficience toward the ruining of their mistresses virgin soil of discreet regality.


                                                            Oeanea


    My lady, I have done you wrong; you may well blame me.  The wound pricksm, and overcomes you jeudgement.  Yet, if you’dlll listen to me, I can speak for myself.  I nursed youl  I am your friend;  I treid to find a a remedy for your troulbe;  and I was unllucky.     With better luck,             I would habe been called a wise woman,  after all, wisdome is only haaaappening  to guess right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment