Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

A scene for ACT II of THE JUSTICE LEAGUE for director of ACT II, George Miller...

Superman: .. So.. Diana ... we are fine-tuning the league..

Diana: .. like a squeaky easy-chair violin..

Superman: ... yep.. so .. easy money.. easy money.. the Justice League is so money, so money..

Diana: .. heh.. so money.. so money..

Ben Wayne: .. yeah.. I've done enough time-hopping to last me a loafing time express.. I've become a loafer of a Batman ever since I entered the lazy Victorian era... I became a member of the Victorian gentry.. it was a really good life for ten years.. now I'm back and ready to start the League..

Superman: .. well.. Bruce... we're gonna make it happen.. juss make it happen.. so money, so money..

Diana: .. make mo' money..

Ben Wayne: ... maybe it's the Victorian Bruce Wayne in me.. but I think we should fill the main hall of our Justice Headquarters with clocks.. and with steam whistles.. and we should get a coal engine to steam up wall circuitry and closed-circuit cameras.. we still have those all around don't we.. for our sense of security...

Diana: .. eep...

Superman: .. I'd kind of think my X-ray vision would suffice.. we really need closed-circuit camera's?...

Diana: .. how about some normal television sets around here...

Ben Wayne: .. I don't watch TV...

Superman: .. can't blame ya.. but maybe some of it's good..

Ben Wayne: .. Nah.. I think TV is kind of lame.. maybe I'll catch a few episodes of Days of our Lives.... see what's going down in Witch's Salem...

Superman: ... yeah.. the soap opera mentality is kind of your Batman shtick, ain't it... Diana.. I'll get us cable TV.. the thing is.. I'm going to go out of my way to make sure I get a cable service company that has some truly exceptional political channels..

Diana is misty-eyed...

Ben Wayne: .. I've got a lot of newspapers, Diana.. almost all of them over the course of the past year...

Diana: .. ahh.. Batman.. do you mind that I've been ransacking thru them for the past two months...

Ben Wayne: .. Nah.. I bought them for you anyway, Diana... sorry I couldn't find any issues of the Daily Planet...

Diana: .. I think that newspaper is only available in Metropolis...

Superman: .. yeah.. I'll try to get you a subscription to the Daily Planet somehow, Diana...

Diana: .. I'm sorry.. my knowledge of my whereabouts in Earth Geography is still rusty.. we're in .. Washington presently, right?..

Superman:  .. you got it..

Ben Wayne: .. I've got a great name for our Headquarters.. The Hall of Justice..

Diana: .. How about the Prism of Justice...

Superman: .. Or the Palace Citadel of Justice..

Ben Wayne: .. Why don't we go with a simpler name..

Diana: .. how about the Hall Prism Palace Citadel of Justice..

Ben Wayne: .. we'll I'll just call it what I call it and you call it what you call it...

Superman: .. okay.. Hall of Justice it is...

Diana: .. Superman - what?..

Ben Wayne: .. sorry Diana.. maybe it's the Washington locale that makes it seem like it should be called the Hall of Justice..

Diana:  .. Could we choose one of the Vatican buildings in Italy as our headquarters then?.. And then we could call it the Prism of Justice?..

Ben Wayne: . Sorry.. Diana.. I think Washington has chosen us, already..

Diana: ... But.. Italy is an important country isn't it?..

Ben Wayne: .. Something about the Vatican.. I just.. I dunno..

Diana: .. But the Vatican is very religious..

Superman: .. If Superman's leading this Joint, we're based in Washington.. Sorry .. Diana.... we'll set up a team someday in Italy..

Diana: .. oh.  Okay.

Superman:  ... so.. Batman.. I assume you're going to be the money behind the purchase of this building.. I'm just a lowly journalist.. I don't think Diana has any money...

Ben Wayne: .. It's actually.. more complicated than my simply funding this Justice endeavour of ours.. Politics I here is involved..

Diana: .. - in a holy whisper - .. the united nations..

Superman: .. So the United Nations will buy us the building that will be our headquarters?..

Ben Wayne: .. so it goes by the grapevine.. I'm kind of low on the totem pole when the United Nations gets involved.. I've been recruiting thru the past thirteen decades before this one in almost random order.. I'm the recruiter of the League.. I'm at my twenty-sixth member..

Diana: .. can I recruit a few?..

Ben Wayne: .. Uh.. yeah.. sure.. Diana.. sorry.. didn't realize it was an interest for you.. to do recruiting for operation Justice..

Diana: .. just maybe a couple of members.. or three..

Superman: .. Bruce.. you've already recruited twenty-six members for the Justice Legion.. will we have a big enough building to house them all.. are they going to live in all their own separate apartments.. or are their dorms in the Hall of Justice...

Ben Wayne: .. I'll .. i'll look into it.. I think we'll all be living their together.. I'm sure the building will be just a vast .. well .. Citadel..

Diana: .. Can we call it the Citadel of Justice then..

Ben Wayne: .. the name.. "Hall of Justice" is already in the Bat-computer..

Diana: .. Oh.  Okay.

Superman: .. So.. we've got the backing of the United Nations..

Diana: .. Barbara Minerva taught me at length about the United Nations.. maybe I can be the official Justice League conduit to it..

Ben Wayne: .. the .. the what conduit..

Diana: .. the Justice League conduit..

Ben Wayne:  .. I dunno.. sounds like .. baseball.. I dunno..

Diana: .. maybe the sporty motif means something to amazons..

Superman: .. wait.. what?.. what did you call it Diana.. our group.. our little group?

Diana: .. The Justice League..

Superman: .. wait.. what?.. you know, Bruce, I played football.. baseball in high school and university.. the jock thing was me.. wait.. what?.. Diana.. you want to call it the Justice League..

Diana:.. yep.. yeth..

Ben Wayne: .. baseball.. I dunno.. the sporty thing..

Superman: .. wait.. The Justice League.. Diana.. you want to call it the Justice League.. because I really think that's a really great, great, amazing name for our team and I'm not sure either of the two of us could come up with a better one..

Diana: .. you mean it, Kal-el?...

Superman: .. I couldn't be more sincere about the greatness, awesomeness, Giganta-coolness, operatic Wagnerian electric feeling I get calling our team the Justice League.. I'm calling it.. we're the Justice  League.. Diana, I owe you a coke...

Diana: .. wait.. what?.. it IS being called the Justice League.. because ever since I was a teenage girl I had a dream of belonging to a team called the Justice League..

Superman: .. that clinches it.. it's destiny.. we're the JUSTICE LEAGUE.. great name, Diana, great name.. Bruce?..

Ben Wayne: .. well.. I named the building.. it's only fair.. we'll run it by the United Nations..

Superman: ... okay - Superman gets an imaginary cell-phone - Hi.. United Nations.. we're calling ourselves the League, The Justice League .. you love the name?.. Awesome.. it's a go.. Wonder Woman came up with it.. That was her station?.. Awesome.. click..  It's officical, Bruce, we're the Justice  League..

Ben Wayne: .. yeah.. never mind..





script scene written by Scott Snyder... for George Miller's segment of the Justice League movie.. called ACT II..

No comments:

Post a Comment