Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Superman in the Justice League movie...

Superman: .. we are never going to learn how to play ball for the League unless we play by Washington's rules... this is no realm of Atlantis above the Earth... We are a Cita- Hall of Justice here.. and we are a demonically possessed domino-league.. we are a domino effect incarnate..

Diana: .. uh- Superman..

Superman: .. yes.. Diana..

Diana: ... could I say a few words..

Superman: .. sure.. Diana..

Diana: .. okay.. I don't think demonically possessing the League is the way to go.. and domino's is not our style.. if we do special effects it won't be domino's .. how about doing a Chess League..

Superman: .. hey.. howabout a checkers League..

Diana: .. I study Chess more... I think we should think more about Chess when we think about the League.. I think of Chess like I think of a foreign language I know sort of fluently...

Superman: .. the best way to think of Chess...

Diana: .. so.. a League of our own..

Ben Wayne: .. don't call it a League of our own..

Diana: .. why...

Ben Wayne: .. it's too.. much like a sound-bite...

Diana: .. what is a sound-bite..

Ben Wayne: .. like a media quote or something like a verbal meme...

Diana:  .. oh.. sorry.. Bruce.. I won't call it a League of our own..

Ben Wayne: .. But.. see.. Diana.. I just asked you not to call it a League of our own.. and you just.. did..

Diana: .. oh.. sorry.. Bruce.. old habits die hard..

Superman: .. no problem, Diana... I have old habits too and their all in the junkyard press...

Diana: .. can we do junkyard for the Justice League..

Ben Wayne: .. why would you say a thing like that, Diana..

Diana: .. what?.. Superman said junkyard...

Ben Wayne: .. never mind.. it doesn't matter.. I'm just in a grey zone...

Diana: .. I guess I'm in a brightly coloured zone..

Ben Wayne: .. yeah.. Diana.. well, maybe you could tone it down...

Diana: .. okay.. well.. I just kind of like colours..

Ben Wayne:.. yeah.. yeah.. yeah.. I kind of know that about you, Diana.. maybe colours are more of a feminine thing.. I was never a fan of colours in general..

Superman:.. Bruce.. go easy on Diana.. it's not her fault she likes - wait.. colours.. you don't approve of Diana liking colours?.. Bruce?..

Ben Wayne: .. colours get civilization into trouble..

Superman:.. but.. when we recruit more members.. we might get a lot of high-flying colours..

Ben Wayne: .. no .. when I recruited them I told them we'd all be wearing the same costume..

Superman: .. a Bat-costume?..

Ben Wayne: .. I don't think the Batman thing is going to be a huge part of the Justice League.. I'm part of the League as Bruce Wayne, not Batman..

Diana: .. the first intelligent thing I've heard you say, Bruce..

Ben Wayne: .. I live to amuse.. I'm not accustomed to saying intelligent things so I'm glad Diana found something in what I said that departed from custom..

Diana: .. keep it up, Bruce.. I want you to say more intelligent things..

Ben Wayne: .. I'll try.. I suffer from clinical depression and have now it feels like for twenty years.. and I find little that is intelligent about that...

Diana: .. maybe colours will help your depression...

Ben Wayne: ... I'm involved with this Justice League to help my depression..

Diana: .. but.. but.. we're serving a higher calling than our own petty problems, Bruce..

Ben Wayne:  .. good point.. and very true to the spirit of the Batman..

Diana: .. try to be true to that spirit, Batman.. just.. try.. and try to be Batman sometimes to when you're a member of the League..

Ben Wayne: .. the Batman thing has been such a downer lately tho...

Diana: .. but the Diana thing is also a downer for me and you don't hear me complaining..

Ben Wayne: .. I don't complain.. I just..

Diana: .. I feel you do little else than complain, Bruce..

Ben Wayne: .. I'll try to stop if I do..

Diana: .. Please do..

Ben Wayne: .. I'll try to speak in as few words as possible from now on..

Diana: .. that would be the mark of an intelligent person, Bruce..

Ben Wayne: .. okay.. I'm committed to being that..

Diana: .. Superman.. I think we are going to make a man of Bruce Wayne yet...


script scene written by Scott Snyder for George Miller's ACT II.. of the Justice League movie.. the very first..


No comments:

Post a Comment