Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

... Good news from Quint about Civil War.. it could be a good movie..

Captain America: Civil War gets a dynamite Empire Cover!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm quite fond of Empire Magazine. It helps that they're very much what I imagine a high quality (and proof-read) AICN magazine would be. They do deep cut cinephile pieces, in-depth new release profiles and early looks at upcoming properties. You can tell each and every one of those crazy mofos loves and knows movies through and through.
So, it's always a pleasure when they team up with a studio to unleash an early look at a big geek property. The new bit of fun is from the upcoming Captain America: Civil War. Their dynamic cover image can be seen below:


Striking, no? Also familiar. Comic readers might get the reference. If they don't, here's a little hint:


Civil War was the series that got me back in the comic book store after I was burned so hardcore by the Clone Saga in the '90s. Finally, Marvel was putting real stakes into their books again. Or so I thought. Just as quickly as I was drawn in I peaced out again when Mephisto made it all disappear because I guess it was too hard to have Spider-Man's identity public.
Thankfully the MCU movies haven't yet pulled such a crazy switcheroo and no, I don't count the Fury surprise in Winter Soldier to be a cop out. That worked in the context of a political espionage thriller. The closest they've come to that soap opera shit is Agents of SHIELD, which is probably why I have a real hard time embracing that show despite my love of Clark Gregg.
All that's to say the MCU universe on film has a pretty good habit of taking core concepts from series arcs like Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron and completely changing them up to fit what they're building. I've heard nothing but strong word of mouth about how Civil War is shaping up and I can't wait to see it. What about you guys?
-Eric Vespe
”Quint”
quint@aintitcool.com
Follow Me On Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment