We were unable to load Disqus. If you are a moderator please see our troubleshooting guide.
- Recommend Recommended
Discussion Recommended!
Recommending means this is a discussion worth sharing. It gets shared to your followers' Disqus feeds, and gives the creator kudos!
Find More Discussions
- Share
- Sort by Best
Stifler's Mom • a day ago see moreEvery few years, we get one blockbuster sequel that actually lives up to our wildest dreams, one special movie that geeks can agree on for a while (or at least until the inevitable backlash begins.)
TERMINATOR 2, THE DARK KNIGHT, WINTER SOLDIER, FURY ROAD...
And FURY ROAD was just a few short months ago. I can't even imagine what next weekend might bring. Fingers crossed.nametaken Hayde Christiansson • a day ago see morebest marvel movie to date IMO. which other marvel film takes that spot for you?Ciderman nametaken • 17 hours ago see moreWinter Soldier is a step beyond the rest, a fantastic movie. Antman would be next in terms of a great enjoyable night at the filmsChris Price nametaken • 5 hours ago see moreI have Winter Soldier number 2 in my top MCU movies, behind the first Iron Man.Hayde Christiansson nametaken • a day ago see moreToo many lazy quips in Winter Soldier, not quite as bad as Ultron with that thoughRammy Hayde Christiansson • 4 hours ago see moreI think out of all the Marvel movies I was the most dissapointed with AOU - I had the feeling the story had gotten away from Joss somewhat.Timmy FayFay Hayde Christiansson • 7 hours ago see moreI thought a lot of the humor was earned and character driven in Winter Soldier, but I agree that Marvel often goes for nonsensical quips just to liven things up, even when it doesn't make sense given the characters and situation.
Ultron's the worst culprit, as you said.Jones6192 Hayde Christiansson • 2 hours ago see moreActually I think the opposite, it doesn't stop for a joke every three minutes like some other MCU films. For example, when The Winter Soldier attacks the characters on the overpass, there are no jokes. The situation is treated as dead serious, the Winter Soldier is there for blood, and it is a grippingly intense, thrilling scene as a result.Hayde Christiansson Jones6192 • an hour ago see moreOkay, I was talking mainly about Redford and the opening scenes where Black Widow is talking to Cap about dating while they are fighting. Iron Man and First Avenger are my favorite movies from Marvel studios
BigDaddyHub Hayde Christiansson • 7 hours ago see moreDude. I loved Winter Soldier. Sorry you didn't.CARTMANEZ Hayde Christiansson • 6 hours ago see moreCA: WS in the same league as T2? I'd go as far as to break out a ROTFLMAO for that one
ChimpJnr "Torê Kông" • a day ago see moreI don't normally agree with KilliK, but I have to agree on Fury Road. I don't get the love for it. It just left me cold. But, hey, that's the beauty of film, right? It shouldn't be everything for everyone. That all said though, I can't remember a movie that so many like-minded people had loved, that I was left so ambivalent about. Maybe I need to give it a second watch."Torê Kông" ChimpJnr • a day ago see moreSee, now that's a perfectly reasonable answer. It seems this Killik guy can't stand the fact people geniuely love it and will shit on them for it at every opportunity.KilliK "Torê Kông" • 20 hours ago see moreI dont shit on people, I shit on their bad taste and ridiculous exclamations."Torê Kông" KilliK • 18 hours ago see morewell aren't you all high and mighty up there on your grand perch, judging us all for liking things.KilliK "Torê Kông" • 18 hours ago see morehey, we live in a free world, you like what you want, and I criticize what I want.GO Team JJ! Go! KilliK • 18 hours ago see moreand in this free world, people can call you out for being a complete asshat.KilliK GO Team JJ! Go! • 17 hours ago see moreand I can call them morons for worshiping garbage. and everybody is happy.GO Team JJ! Go! KilliK • 16 hours ago see moreEveryone looking forward to this new Star Wars is happy. You're not, sucker. Enjoy!Timmy FayFay KilliK • 7 hours ago see moreAintItCool Talkback site of beginning of world peace. More at 8.denverchris KilliK • 7 hours ago see moreDon't share your opinion on Fury Road, but do share your opinion on opinions. Fuck em if they don't like it. That's what the down vote button is for.
Ciderman KilliK • 17 hours ago see moreYou get a perch?
What?
I get a trench in Flanders and you get a perch... Well, no wonder you suffer pot shots!
irishraidersfan KilliK • 16 hours ago see moreYeah, because your 'taste' is the only one, true taste...
Tony DiWonderful ChimpJnr • 19 hours ago see moreYou're not the only one. If they'd called it Furiosa and elininated Max from the story I might have loved it.Rammy ChimpJnr • 4 hours ago see moreI turned if off half way through. I don't remember Max being such a wimpy, whiney muppet.Lochkray ChimpJnr • 5 hours ago see moreI completely disagree with your assessment of Fury Road, but you get an up-vote for having a difference of opinion and not resorting to insults, hyperbole, or name calling.Jerry ChimpJnr • 20 hours ago see moreI can understand why some people don't like fury road. For me it was going to see the movie opening weekend with low expectations, just assuming it was another reboot. What I got exceeded well past that. I find if I go into any movie with high expectations I'm ultimately let down in the end. It's so hard not to have those expectations with star wars though.UilickMcGee ChimpJnr • 8 hours ago see moreYeah, I'm going to approach it again in six months and see if I like it better. A lot of people here love it and that's cool. I was late to the party and my reaction was: Ok, so Max is a side-character in his own franchise. Hmm...
Why is there absolutely nothing in the way of decayed cities/towns, or even just a few bits of rubble? How does all that shit just disappear, when we have things like polystyrene foam which is supposedly meant to last ten thousand years?
The part that really pissed me off was when they just stopped, and decided to go back the way they came. It was the first time I actually felt like a movie was trolling me.Jones6192 UilickMcGee • 2 hours ago see moreThe thing is. Max has ALWAYS been a bystander in these films. So that criticism is nonsensical as well as hypocritical for some diehard Max fans. No offense.
And there's no ruins everywhere because it's in the Australian desert. Which.... is not full of cities to get 'ruined'.
And last but not least, I don't get why you'd be pissed by the 'turn back' part. It allowed them to liberate the Citadel. I was honestly dreading them reaching The Green Place because it would seem so predictable for them to eventually get there and start new happy lives, while leaving all the people at the Citadel to rot. So I was very pleased, personally, by that twist. It defied formula for a 'gotta get to such and such location' plots like this.
ROK247 ChimpJnr • 12 hours ago see moreits fucking terrible! it made me want to turn it off and watch road warrior, which did everything better. just because its pretty doesnt make it good.
Donald "Cherry Popper" Trump KilliK • 21 hours ago see morei'll take Road Warrior over the 2 hour chase movie with shit characters including a terrible Max.-
Donald "Cherry Popper" Trump Guest • 14 hours ago see moreThat's horribly homophobic, divisive and problematic. I'm heading over to Twitter to start a hashtag campaign
-
Stifler's Mom KilliK • a day ago see moreKeep in mind, I'm not naming my favorite movies, or best sequels- although I did happen to love Fury Road.
I'm thinking of a few select occasions in my adult lifetime when a big blockbuster sequel was recieved with virtually unanimous love. Now, plenty of movies- Dark Knight for example- seem to lose a little luster in the geek community as years go by. But back in July 2008? 99% of the reactions, from general public to film critics to this very talkback, were glowingly positive. That's rare. I would just love to see that happen with a new Star Wars movie.KilliK Stifler's Mom • 21 hours ago see moreIt's not rare, au contraire, the recent years we are not geting else than unanimous praise for mediocrities which sometimes are even regarded as masterpieces. And the reason for that is, I believe, that the quality in movie entertainment has dropped very much nowadays, that everything is so homogenized and watered down. Because of this the movie audience has become so hungry for something a bit better, a bit different, a bit more adult, that they are very eager to take,love and praise every mediocrity which manages to elevate itself above the rest of the cinematic garbage.
The fact that, as some of you point out, some those films lose some of their luster while years pass by, is a direct symptom of that behavior. Time, the ultimate judge, exposes the flaws of those movies and shows how exaggerated the initial response was to them, inevitably lowering them to the status and place in the movie history they actually deserve.
and dont worry about TFA, the same will happen here. Everybody will love and praise it, film critics,fans, casuals, the initial reaction will be overwhelming and over enthusiastic, people will call JarJar a savior of the franchise and how his movie is the best or 2nd best in the series. But as always,in the end, time will set things right.Dork KilliK • 5 hours ago see moreExcept there's a problem right now where almost nobody can say "hey, while a ton of people absolutely love this movie, and I can see why this movie was good, I guess it just wasn't for me" or "hey, the movie was fun, but I understand it's not high-brow cinema".
Instead you only have two camps: The OMG BEST MVOIE EVAR!!!!! or the "THAT MOVIE IS ABOSLUTE GARBAGE AND ANY1 ASSOCIATED SHUOLD DIE! MOST BORING WORST MVOEI EVAR!!!!
Basically, the internet is full of childish half-retards that are trying to sound superior.Pawpr1nt KilliK • 10 hours ago see moreOr they might just say "Hey, that was a really good film - much better than the shitty prequels, thank god!"
No middle ground for you is there?!KilliK Pawpr1nt • 4 hours ago see morethe shitty prequels? it seems there is no middle ground for you either.Pawpr1nt KilliK • 3 hours ago see moreThere generally isn't when it comes to the prequels - most people consider them shitty. Besides - I've actually SEEN the PT, so I can judge it as shitty; have you seen The Force Awakens yet?KilliK Pawpr1nt • 3 hours ago see moreno, there is, if you cant accept it, it only means there is no middle ground for you either. what goes for me, goes for you.
most people? did you count them all? or there is simply no middle ground for most people too? uhah.
yes, you have seen the PT and made your exaggerated conclusion, that's why there is no middle ground for you too. no, I havent watched the NuT but neither you, so why do you accuse me of not having a middle ground when you dont even know if my "extreme" opinion for the movie is justified or not. as I said, what goes for me, goes for you.
Besides, my position for the movie is that it is going to be a mediocre, unoriginal movie at best, a cynical mashup of OT's best hits, an inferior remake of ANH. never did I say that it is going to be complete, unwatchable garbage. Isnt this enough middle ground for you? or do you want me to only worship your movie?Pawpr1nt KilliK • 2 hours ago see moreIt's not my movie, firstly. Secondly, you've decided it's going to be 'mediocre and unoriginal at best', having seen probably about 3 minutes of the film at the most in the form of quick shots in trailers. That's not 'middle ground' by any stretch of the imagination. You were the one who suggested that people would eventually end up disappointed with TFA, as though this was already a fact, and the film hasn't even been released yet - THAT'S what I mean by 'no middle ground'. I can say the PT is shitty and disappointing because I've actually SEEN it.
Thirdly, I don't have to count everyone to know that the PT is generally considered shitty - even confined to relatively small areas like this site, the overall consensus is that the films were shite. To suggest otherwise is to deny reality.
Donald "Cherry Popper" Trump KilliK • 14 hours ago see moreI agree totally. The rotten tomatoes ratings of some these ridiculous cg blockbusters is a huge laugh
I Sense a Disturbance Stifler's Mom • 11 hours ago see moreCareful... the hype and excitement was as big if not bigger for another movie... the Phantom Menace, lest we forget.King Kong Stifler's Mom • 11 hours ago see moreFury Road turns to shit the moment they all decide to go back to point A.AAF:Richie Inspector Dee • 13 hours ago see moreJust most people. Hell, not everyone agreed on T2, there's a lot of lame in that picture, good T-800, annoying John Conner, cheesy 90's dialogue, none of the sense of dread of the original. Fury Road is a much better film in my opinion.Jones6192 AAF:Richie • 2 hours ago see moreBut T2 is still considered a classic, nevertheless. A film doesn't need to be literally perfect in every single way to be great.greatattractor AAF:Richie • 3 hours ago see moreWTF is "90's dialogue?" Have speech patterns really altered so radically since the 90's? Does anyone seriously believe that? It's not like it was 200 years ago, dude.Inspector Dee AAF:Richie • 13 hours ago see moreIs it really most people? I am not trying to be contrarian here, but I get the impression people are more divided about it now.NoQuarter Inspector Dee • 13 hours ago see moreEvery single person I know who saw the movie (maybe 15-20 people) adored it, myself included. I've never met somebody in real life who saw it and didn't love it.C of the 501 Inspector Dee • 6 hours ago see moreMost people liked it. Everyone in my office (about 30) either enjoyed it or LOVED IT)AAF:Richie Inspector Dee • 13 hours ago see moreI don't see that at all. There's a vocal minority to be sure be the general consensous has be overwhelmingly positive from critics and audiences alike
Howard Matalon Stifler's Mom • 10 hours ago see moreFury Road? Lol
At least put WRATH OF KHAN and ESB in there.... Yikes I'm dating myselfJones6192 Stifler's Mom • 13 hours ago see moreShut the fuck up. The Dark Knight is overrated, pretentious garbage. Duh. EVERYONE knows that. *rolleyes*Pawpr1nt Jones6192 • 10 hours ago see moreThe Dark Knight wasn't a bad film, it's just nowhere near as good as people make out, and there's a lot of things that niggle me about it. Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was great, for instance, but the writing of the character was terrible and contradictory - "I'm an agent of chaos - I don't make plans!"; *executes one of the most convoluted plans in film history that requires so many complex sequences of events to happen in an INCREDIBLY precise way, at EXACTLY the right time*Timmy FayFay Pawpr1nt • 7 hours ago see moreAlso, almost everyone except the Joker was saddled with either incredibly leaden exposition or the shallowest kind of pontificating. The dinner scene between Bruce, Harvey, and Rachel is one of the worst examples - not one of those characters feels real. They're just automata for Nolan's admittedly well-crafted but ultimately lifeless film.
Also, the strange crypto-fascism of the whole series has always been a turnoff for me (but I guess that's sort of Batman generally). I admire their craftsmanship, but they don't speak to me.Jones6192 Timmy FayFay • 2 hours ago see moreI was under the impression arrogant playboys and politicians and celebrities talk like that all the time. Huh.Pawpr1nt Timmy FayFay • 7 hours ago see moreI get you. That scene feels as if the actors are just mouthing lines for the sake of beating the audience over the head with the films themes, not inhabiting real characters.
Pawpr1nt Axel Bundy • 5 hours ago see moreIt wasn't just The Joker though - he was described as an 'Agent of Chaos' by Nolan, and Zimmerman.
But whether he is lying or not - his plan is ridiculously convoluted, overly complex, reliant on far too many unlikely coincidences/occurrences, and barely makes sense.
Mr Connor Pawpr1nt • 9 hours ago see moreIt was "all part of the plan"...Seriously! You didn't get that?Mr Connor Pawpr1nt • 8 hours ago see moreTelling Harvey it was nothing to do with him!.."Do I look like a guy with a plan?"...He said that to corrupt his mind into thinking it was Gotham and it's twisted policy's that got him in his current predicament. Of course The Joker had a plan, he did all along, he tricked everybody! Batman, Gordon, the people of Gotham, and you by the sound of it. Those fictional characters bought into it, you on the other hand thought it was "contradictory".
The Last Starfighter • a day ago see moreI have been the biggest Star Wars nerd I've ever known - got some friends who have it bad too, but nowhere near my level. Toys, games, books, comics, video games - been there through it all. Camp outs, cosplay (before cosplay was a buzz hipster word), buying the damn movies at every rerelease, hunting collectibles and a serious baller on Star Wars Trivial Pursuit...
That said, leaving Luke Skywalker out of this movie was the single most fucking retarded thing they could have possibly done. I didn't care at first but now I'm pissed - it's apparent that he isn't in this movie for more than a sliver of screen time. And that's entirely unacceptable. This is EPISODE SEVEN, which we never thought we'd get...
Hamill has been more entertaining in these past 20 years than any of the fucktards sitting on that couch, and more deserved to hype the movie. To anyone near my age, Star Wars IS Luke Skywalker.
I've got that shitty feeling in my gut, the one that knows I got my hopes up and will be disappointed. But at least I get to take my boy to a Star Wars movie.shaneblackfan The Last Starfighter • 14 hours ago see moreWait till you see the movie before commenting on Hamill's absence. This kind of fan obsession is plain weird and infuriating, especially when you haven't seen the film play out! We have Larry Kasdan, JJ'S Jimney Cricket, to make sure it is Star Wars that fans will embrace.boogel The Last Starfighter • 8 hours ago see moreThis is how I'd play it (and be hated forever for being too light hearted). Luke isn't in 95% of the movie. Most of the film builds the threats and really cements just how overwhelmed the heros are. Luke has been missing for years. Rumors are always circulating about the last Jedi...but his actual involvement in the politics of the new republic are almost zero. A scene is set up where the good guys are really getting it handed to them. The call out to Luke looks to have gone unheard. Kylo Ren is leading the baddies on some God forsaken planet and moving in for the kill. This hobo who has been watching in the background just kind of strolls into the middle of the firefight. The blood lust is on Ren and he decides to just dispatch the old fool. The old man just stands there and starts talking about roads untaken and the consequences of fear and hate. Ren has had enough and lights up that odd lightsaber of his. He poses with this sputtering monstrosity and the old man just stands there. "oh son...you've botched this horribly." The hobo flicks his wrist and the saber goes out. Ren just stares at the now extinguished sword and the hobo makes another move with his hand. The lightsaber flies from his hand and, right before his eyes is completely disassembled. The pieces then whorl about the old mans head and reassemble themselves. The saber drops gently into bums hand and he ignites it. It is now a perfect classic red lightsaber blade. "You see you had your crystal misaligned...I'm surprised the silly thing didn't explode in your hand." The sword floats back to the dumbstruck Ren. The old man pulls off his hood to reveal Luke. "I suggest you and I have a talk someplace quiet." says Luke as he turns his back to Ren and walk off. Ren has no choice but to follow and we don't see him again until the next movie where he is now Lukes padawan.Logan_1973 The Last Starfighter • 16 hours ago see moreWhen Luke finally shows up the payoff will be IMMENSE, and the brilliance behind the secretive marketing will be realized.
WB could take a few lessons from Disney.ErnestRister Logan_1973 • 14 hours ago see moreDisney had little input, they hire competent people in the first place so they don't have to micro-manage.
Misdirected MÄ“nis The Last Starfighter • 8 hours ago see moreDone well it won't be too bad, Hopkins was only in Silence of the Lambs for a total of 16 minutes. The problem I see is it being done well.Pawpr1nt The Last Starfighter • 10 hours ago see moreIf the spoilers are to be believed (and they're pretty bang on so far), then Luke isn't in it for long (at the end of the film), and he's there to reveal a 'plot twist' and tease potential future involvement.
However, SW doesn't revolve around Luke for me so, while it might be a slight missed opportunity, it's not a deal-breaker for me.Jones6192 The Last Starfighter • an hour ago see moreI dearly hope you're just not aware that it's all but guaranteed that Luke will have a much bigger role in Episode VIII, that will more than make up for him being absent in this film. otherwise you're showing remarkable signs of Fanboyentitlementitis.Timmy FayFay The Last Starfighter • 7 hours ago see moreHe is definitely IN the movie (we've heard his voice in a trailer), but it'll be a limited role. He'll have more to do in the future two installments (Amy Pascal called VIII and IX the "Luke and Leia movies"). I'm fine with that, provided his appearance is done well and isn't a lame tag at the end of the movie - Luke just showing up at a fucking party or something like it wasn't a complete dick move to hide out while the galaxy was exploding.
I do however have one problem with Luke's absence . . .
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
If the rumors are true re: Han going to that wretched hive of scum and villainy in the sky, I would have liked a final scene between the whole gang. Maybe force ghosts?
Sponsored
No comments:
Post a Comment