Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Bruce Wayne in "Batman Begins"...

Bruce Wayne: ..".. it's that.. I WAS .. I .. am.. Kate Kane.. I am Katherine Hepburn Kane.. she dissolved into ... me .. so that I .. physically .. was her... am her.. Kate Kane has the power to dissolve her substance into the air .. into the water.. and .. become me.. so that I literally, physically am her.. and feel everything she feels, thinks everything she thinks... have every profound emptiness of emotion she has.. have that sense of nothingness inside me that she has inside herself.. I think we wrote Sartre's "Being and Nothingness" together.. I think we wrote in that text so much about the emptiness of desire.. about how desire seeks to fulfill its own emptiness.. how desire wants to shape its own repletion, its own recession into emptiness.. how desire wants to shape its own negation, its own eclipse, how desire wants to shape the process the channelling by which desire is drained of substance and desire wants to shape the paths and roads and sculptural curvature by which it is drained of its own substance... Kate Kane and I both wrote that in Sartre's "Being and Nothingness".. because we both .. are it.."

.. monologue for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne written by Scott Snyder...

No comments:

Post a Comment