Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

James Earl Jones is Ares in the final hour of the eight hour Sophia Copolla directed "Wonder Woman" movie...

Ares: ..".. why do they send a lamb-child into the black pitch abyss of night of the black as pitch and coal nighttime of my soul a black soul I am that they send a child-lamb who forgives the Butcher's knife.. I quote the words of Blake.. and I feel los, orc, Urizen in my soul.. I feel the ratios of industrialism weigh on my soul as I meet Diana as if she lept out of an Aleister Crowley book of the forest huntress consort of Hippolytus in the wilderness.. it is as if you had once been worshipped by Joan of Arc my sweet lamb Diana.. why such evil weigh upon my soul as if I would bring it down upon you like a pendulum... a pendulum is my soul is Ares's soul Diana a pendulum.. and you do not need to be burdened by such a warpendulum as I am .. sweet lamb Diana... my angels bring you to your resting place and minister unto your soul Diana.. you need not bother with ol' meister Ares here.."

Ares says this monologue he speaks this monologue against a background of nightest black.. of blackest night.. of blackest abyss-like pure darkness... Wonder Woman in her classic George Perez costume is hovering and gently flying thru the blackness to the hovering, palpable sound of Ares's voice.. and the gigantic-lasso rope swath of the golden lasso envelopes the screen entire like a massive theatre on a shoestring golden lasso...

script by Scott Snyder for Sophia Copolla's directed Wonder Woman movie...

zoom medusa zu Harry Knowles.. a.. ain't it cool news.. org.. net.. com.. not.. rom.. Sascha_Renzscha_Montgomery.org...


No comments:

Post a Comment